Dentistry for the Whole Family
WHAT IS A PORCELAIN BRIDGE?
Dental bridges are permanent dental devices used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are ideal for replacing a single tooth or multiple teeth in a row. Our dentists offer many different types of dental bridges in Anchorage and Juneau, Alaska, and we are committed to helping you restore your smile. Dental bridges may be recommended by our dentist to:
- Replace your smile after tooth loss
- Prevent your natural teeth from shifting
- Restore lost facial shape and volume
- Improve your ability to chew and speak properly
We understand how tooth loss can affect your smile, and we hope to restore your confidence with one of our high-quality dental bridges.
What are the types of dental bridges?
We offer three different types of dental bridges at Alaska Dental Arts:
- Traditional dental bridges – This type of dental bridge is the most common and uses two dental crowns to anchor a false tooth, known as a pontic, into place.
- Cantilever bridges – Similar to traditional dental bridges, cantilever bridges are suggested when there are no teeth on one side of the gap.
- Resin-bonded bridges – Resin-bonded bridges are perfect for replacing front teeth. They use metal clasps and bonding cement on the back of your teeth to hold the pontic in place.
If you are interested in restoring your smile with dental bridges, we encourage you to call our office today and schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you regain confidence in your smile!